I have a thing… I have a thing for journals and paper and notepad and pens!
I have this thing… where I find it almost a necessity to keep paper and pen around so I can jot… I need to jot everyday… or type… or copy and paste.
I have a thing for words.
Perhaps it stems from the Proverb:
Proverbs 18:21 New International Version
21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 18:21 New Living Translation
21 The tongue can bring death or life;
those who love to talk will reap the consequences
I take seriously that words have meaning and consequences…
with our words we can construct or deconstruct
with our words be can tear down or lift up
May my words be ones that help, heal and restore…
Today, we are going to process through some journaling prompts:
- What moods have I been averaging lately?
- What are things I have been doing for myself?
- When do I take breaks for me?
- Who am I reaching out that cannot repay me?
- How can I show love to _______________ (neighbor, family member, roommate, etc)?
As you journal and jot down your thoughts and feelings may it bring a sense of health and healing.